Hello peeps! As you know on twitter, Friday is always a day to #ListenUp. #ListenUpNG is your weekly mentoring event on twitter and this particular session was just so inspiring. The tweets have been compiled for your reading pleasure.
Our guest, Nike Folagade a Relationship Coach who happened to be the last on #ListenUpNG November Edition was awesome. The #RealLifeIssue discussed was targetted at our singles and was titled: YOU WANNA GET ‘HOOKED’?🤔
In other words,
Do you want to be in a serious relationship that will probably or most certainly end in you marrying the love of your life?🤗
If as a single, your answer is ‘yes’ to the above questions, this blogpost is for you!
#InCaseYouMissed the last two equally inspiring sessions on #ListenUpNG, you can click on the links to the compilations below
Do #ReadRestReaxAndReflect and them!
#ListenUpNG Our guest for this session, Nike Adedokun helps singles overcome heartbreaks, become more attractive and build healthy relationships
#ListenUpNG She is a Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and a Results Coach. She is a passionate writer, author, speaker and columnist who teaches on relationships and real life issues. @nikefolagade
#ListenUpNG @NikeFolagbade She also professionally anchors programmes. She is the author of six books which include Relationship Guardrails for Him and Her and 10 Days to Living Free Devotional and Ants and Flies Flow: How Attraction Starts!
#ListenUpNG @NikeFolagbade has been featured as a guest on Television and Radio stations like WeFM Nigeria, Core TV News, Channels TV, Cool FM, Radio Nigeria and others.
#ListenUpNG Nike is the convener of EVOLVE SUMMIT dedicated to helping youths discover purpose and experience emotional and sexual healing. The ladies’ arm, The Evolving Queens Club is also dedicated to the same cause. Join me as i welcome her on board!
1. Hello everyone. It’s great to be on this platform. My name is Nike Adedokun Folagbade. Thank you @KemiOdutayo for this opportunity to be on #ListenUpNG
2. Shout to @protouchltd @KingsleyObom @Sisilawyer101 for an amazing teaching in the past weeks.#ListenUpNG
3. I have been asked to share on “So you want to get hooked?”.#ListenUpNG
4. Marriage is a beautiful union between a man and a woman, a long lasting institution yet a revealar of the true intention of men/women.#ListenUpNG
5. Even though the rate of divorce is high, it’s better to be intentional about your marriage. #ListenUpNG
6. Be willing to face it with a positive heart and preparation rather than fear.#ListenUpNG
7. Don’t allow movies, society and the media teach you how to run your marriage. Be conscious and let God lead you. #ListenUpNG
8. When I and my husband were courting, we felt we had discussed a lot until we got married. #ListenUpNG
9. So many issues began to come up and our differences began to play out on us. #ListenUpNG
10. I thought I knew my husband totally, vice versa, until few weeks after marriage. #ListenUpNG
11. I realised we had different beliefs around sex, money and spirituality but it had never been evident. #ListenUpNG
12. Our weakness became very visible. Some were irritating, some were normal and some were threatening. #ListenUpNG
13. Our temperament became very real as we began to spot so many flaws and patterns. #ListenUpNG
14. Our values showed up too in the areas of priorities. Do you know your values? #ListenUpNG
15. For months, we kept fighting over a lot of things. We managed to sort them out and began to understand each other. #ListenUpNG
16. In marriage, the first few weeks or months can be filled with conflicts but if handled well, can lead to more understanding between couples. #ListenUpNG
17. Before you get hooked, I need you to answer some important questions.#ListenUpNG
18. Why do you want to get hooked? The answer you give determines how quality your marriage will be.#ListenUpNG
19. Are you trying to marry out of pressure, age, easy sex, help around the house, loneliness or you are simply desperate?#ListenUpNG
20. If you are marrying because of sex, you will definitely get tired and be forced to face other issues too. #ListenUpNG
21. There is a difference between being lonely and being alone. Don’t just marry out of boredom. #ListenUpNG
22. Marrying to meet your immediate need can bring forth more trouble when reality sets in. #ListenUpNG
23. So are you ready? Readiness is an act of the mind; it requires mental, emotional, spiritual, physical and financial implications. #ListenUpNG
24. Emotionally: How well can you handle challenges? Have you healed from past hurts? How do you react to issues? #ListenUpNG
25. Marriage is a long time & deep issues will come up. Will you run back home or face them when they arise?#ListenUpNG
26. Spiritually: Have you been praying ahead for your partner and marriage? Are you led by God or led by your emotions?#ListenUpNG
27. Mentally: How prepared are you? Do you read books, attend seminars or have mentorship on marriage?#ListenUpNG
28. Do you believe in personal development? Have you learnt more about communication, boundaries, and your self worth?#ListenUpNG
29. If you go into marriage with a lot of baggage, marriage will expose it rather than cover it. #ListenUpNG
30. Financially: Do you have a source of income? How financially intelligent are you? Whether as a man or woman, are you earning?#ListenUpNG
31. Physically: Do you take care of yourself? How well do you groom and nurture your self?#ListenUpNG
32. Before you walk down the aisle, can you lead yourself? How well will you be able to lead a home? Your partner? A family? Your in-laws?#ListenUpNG
33. Are you responsible towards life? How matured are you? This is not about age. Do your friends control you or you can make your decisions?#ListenUpNG
34. Are you self aware? Have you discovered and began a journey of mastery on your temperament, patterns, flaws, strengths and love languages?#ListenUpNG
35. It’s important to know your temperament because your weakness can frustrate you in marriage.
36. Find out why you act the way you do and begin to master it. Stop looking for someone who can manage your excesses. #ListenUpNG
37. What are your beliefs around marriage? Where did you learn it from? What defines your beliefs? #ListenUpNG.
38. Are you taking your parent steps in marriage or you are building a marriage system that can work for you? #ListenUpNG
39. Before you get hooked, have you counted the cost? It will cost you your time, emotions, money etc? Are you willing?#ListenUpNG
40. Are you willing to partner with your intending spouse on decision making or you want to control everything? #ListenUpNG
41. Do you know what you want? You will need clarity on the kind of marriage you want to build?#ListenUpNG
42. Have you built quality friendship with your intending partner or you are in a hurry?#ListenUpNG
43. Before you get hooked, have you sat down with your partner to discuss certain issues like spirituality, sex, finance, parenting etc?#ListenUpNG
44. Are you aware of the impact your upbringing, environment and experiences will have on your marriage? #ListenUpNG
45. Are you aware of the traditions and background of your partner’s family?#ListenUpNG
46. As you prepare to settle, have you gone through marriage counselling from professionals? #ListenUpNG
47. Don’t assume you know your partner so well, you will be surprised at many new things that will show up.#ListenUpNG
48. Don’t ignore the characters you may be seeing now. Love alone won’t hold your marriage, it requires more. #ListenUpNG
49. As you settle, are you willing to make your marriage work regardless of what happens or you want to leave it to chance. #ListenUpNG
50. With these questions, I hope you will be able to decide, respond, research, and focus on what will make your marriage work. #ListenUpNG
51. In the bid to help more people, I also created an audio course on 13 Must Have Discussions While Courting. You can order and learn from it. #ListenUpNG
52. Thank you for hosting me. You are appreciated @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG