#ListenUpNG In my years of counselling, there is one recurring question from most male counsellees seeking a serious relationship.
#ListenUpNG The question is “ARE THERE STILL ‘GOOD GIRLS’ OUT THERE?”
#ListenUpNG This will be our focus of discussion; the #RealLifeIssue on #ListenUpNG today!
Hello! Welcome to another inspiring session; infact the last session in the August Edition of #ListenUpNG dedicated to the Singles
And incase you’ve missed any of the live session on #ListenUpNG, simply click the link in my bio or visit www.kemiodutayo.com/blog
#ListenUpNG Our guest, David Olamide Craig @revdrcraig apart from being a medical doctor, is happily married to his sweetheart, Aisha.
who he fondly refers to as a true Nigerian. Lol!😁
#ListenUpNG Dr. David Olamide Craig @revdrcraig with his beautiful wife, are the founders of SURULERE LOVE, an online Dating Site.
#ListenUpNG Amongst other things, they promote happy marriages with God at the centre. I came across him via his #HappyMarriedChallenge…
…an initiative aimed at making Happy Marriages famous on instagram. His counsels on Relationship is worth listening to! #ListenUpNG
#ListenUpNG @revdrcraig will be tweeting on today’s #RealLifeIssue Be free to tweet your questions and comments at him after his session
Join me to welcome Olamide @revdrcraig on today’s session of #ListenUpNG Get ready for a paradigm shift in your mindset
1. Good girls gone bad
Gold-diggers, heart breakers, home wreckers all. Not one is innocent. Where have all the good girls gone?
2. In the words of Ajebutter and Falz, “All the fine girls have joined gang” #ListenUpNG
3. It would seem like this is the prevailing sentiment amongst the so called “good boy’s association.”
4. They say there is a global scarcity of good girls and it seems that Nigeria has been hit particularly hard by this epidemic.
5. You could be excused if you feel this is merely hyperbole or overstating the facts. How would you know now? Wetin consain you
6. Shebi you have a warm pair of thighs to snuggle up with in your matrimonial bed every night.
7. All you married men can exit please. Thanks for visiting. Goodbye. Make we know those wey remain.🙋
8. How many single good boys of Nigeria Association members do we have here? Do like this 🙌 I know my pipo 😒 No famzing
9. Now that we know ourselves, Lets take a look at the question at hand for today “Are there still good girls out there”
10. I heard a story the other day of a 32 year old guy who came back from the US after a decade of study abroad
11. He set up a tech based company and employed about 7 people, most of whom were from disadvantaged backgrounds,
12. He paid them a decent enough income for them to literally become the breadwinners of their homes. Paid school fees etc.
13. One day he met a lady through a mutual friend. He was struck by her exquisite beauty and stunning good looks.
14. She was always impeccably dressed, had an impressive taste in fashion and always looked photoshoot ready.
15. For want of a better term, she is what is colloquially referred to as a slay queen.
16. But more than just her looks and style, he felt comfortable in her presence, he felt she shared his sense of humor
17. She laughed at his jokes and made him feel at ease with himself. She brought out the best in him and treated him like a king
18. You see, this our guy was what some of you might call a “Bolo”. He was a proper Lekki aje-butter, mummy’s boy confam
19. He was a little overweight, but not fat, he was your typical shy introvert who would rather read a book than go out clubbing
20. Never smoked and only ever drank white wine, Sauvignon Blanc to be precise. Body count complete on one hand. Not stingy.
21. Did I hear someone say “Perfect guy”? Well a lot of people sure did think so
22. They grew closer and closer and even though they never officially started dating they did spend almost every day together
23. They went out to movies, went to see plays dined at fine restaurants, and let’s not forget her favourite pastime shopping🛍️
24. Fast forward a few months of quasi-dating, and the guy was already in love. He bought a ring and was going to propose.
25. True members of good boy club already know what happens next for it has surely happened to them many times before.
26. If only our yankee boy had close friends for “igboro”, they would have told him that the love of his life was a runs geh 😔
27. She provided him with the “girlfriend experience” in exchange for his frequent shoping trips to dubai and London
28. The trouble is he wasn’t aware of that arrangement. He was looking for Mrs.Right, she was only looking for Mr. Right Now
29. So our boy is heart broken. Devastated. Cries for weeks. Lost weight. Hits the gym. Focuses on his business. Becomes a hunk
30. In his next relationship he becomes a “Yoruba Demon”. She practically pays for the sins of his ex. He dumps her in 4 months
31. Funny thing is, the girl he treated badly was actually a good girl. She loved him genuinely and would have made him happy
32. She was so heartbroken she cried for weeks. She decided she’d had enough a of being a good girl. Time to show men pepper.
33. And so the story goes.
Bad boys hurting good girls.
Good girls becoming bad girls.
Bad girls hurting good boys.
34. It’s not a new story. It’s an old one. It tells the tale of how our actions reverberate across time to change us and others
35. This is the crux of the matter. It’s not really whether there are any good girls left, it’s what happened to the ones we had
36. And before you tell me that not every bad girl was heartbroken, let me tell you this. “No one starts off dysfunctional”
37. We are either born to a dysfunctional environment and learn from of our surroundings or are broken by life and circumstances
38. The legacy of a broken humanity is broken people. Hurt people hurting others.
Like yeast in dough, its spread uncontrollable
39. I’ve had my heart broken more times than I care to remember (and I’ve done my own share of heart breaking too)
40. Ever wondered how different your life could have been if you had never met the people who broke you?
41. But that’s where grace comes in. Going by my track record of broken hearts, I probably deserved to die single and alone
42. And if Karma was truly just, then the girls who broke my heart probably deserved the exact same thing too
43. Aren’t we glad that God is not like that? Isn’t it refreshing to know that no matter how broken we are we can still be loved
44. The first girl to break my heart is happily married to a fantastic man and they have three lovely children
45. I started this series quoting Ajebutter and Falz. So… Have all the good girls really gone bad? I beg to disagree
46. I know for a fact that there are good girls out there. I know this because I found one 😍
47. I am not the exception. There was nothing special about me. I was just as unworthy. Just as unsure. Just as afraid.
48. But more than that, my story is a parallel of an ever better story. The story of Christ’s redemption and his unfailing grace
49. Our world is a mess because humanity is a mess, and our lives can sometime reflect that chaos and dysfuction
50. But like me, a broken man, who had broken people, but still gets the girl of his dreams, Jesus came and made a way for us
51. The truth is that there is a “good girl” hidden inside the shell of every “bad girl”. She wasn’t born bad. Life made her so
52. Bad girls. Oya come. Has anyone ever told you about Jesus?
53. So brothers, be sure of this one thing. There are MANY good girls out there.
Don’t stop searching. Don’t stop believing
54. And to all the good girls out there waiting on the right guy to come along. Don’t give in, don’t give up. He’s on his way!
55. Thank you all for tuning in!
God bless you.