Hello everyone! Welcome to the April 2016 Edition of #ListenUpNG…@IAmSteveHarris @GbengaTotoyi @segunakiode @ToBeEmployed @mfonekpo
In this edition, we will be having top notch professionals, men and women of character…#ListenUpNG
…experience and expertise in their area of influence mentoring us via their twitter handles. #ListenUpNG
#ListenUpNG The #RealLifeIssues we will be discussing is about ETHICS IN THE WORKPLACE.
Meet these awesome men and women. Check out their topics & the dates they will be featured. #ListenUpNG
You need to block these dates! This may just be what you need to propel you to your desired phase.
Yippee! We made it! Welcome to a new quarter in the year 2016!????TGBTG
Contrary to the general belief that April 1st is ‘Fools Day’, today’s session on #ListenUpNG will ensure that you aren’t one!????
Join me as i host my guest @IAmSteveHarris on #ListenUpNG Wk14: ARE YOU CHEATING ON YOUR EMPLOYER?
Steve Harris is privileged to be a trusted authority in the fields of Life & Business Strategy, a highly sought after Management Consultant, Motivational Speaker & Author.
He also doubles as the Co-Founder, EdgeEcution; a firm of Management Consultants and Executive Coaches that assist their clients by creating and implementing interventions that cause transformation in their organizations.
In May 2015, Steve Harris was listed among the ‘World’s Top 100 Business Coaches To Follow On Twitter’
Read more about @IAmSteveHarris and all other Guests on the April Edition of #ListenUpNG here:
@KemiOdutayo … thanks for having me #ListenUpNG
@KemiOdutayo … I’m gonna be sharing on the thought, Are You Cheating On Your Employer? #ListenUpNG
1. So, how do you know you’re cheating on your employer? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
2. Cheating isn’t only physical. It often starts emotionally. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
3. What are the signs of emotional cheating on your employer? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
4. One sure sign is LACK OF COMMITMENT. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
5. Time is the currency of commitment. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
6. How much QUALITY TIME do you give your employer? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
7. Most employees don’t INVEST TIME, they WASTE TIME. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
8. Do you measure the quality of time you give your employer? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
9. Another sign of cheating on your employer is LACK OF INTEREST. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
10. Does your organization’s business interest you? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
11. Here’s a quick test to see if you’re interested in your organization. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
12. How much did your company make during its last financial year? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
13. How much is your salary? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
14. How come you know your salary and you didn’t know your company’s earnings? Simple. NO INTEREST. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
15. You’re interested in your salary because it’s in your INTEREST and your salary EARNS INTEREST! @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
16. It’s like you care more for the EGG than the CHICKEN that lays the eggs. That’s unwise @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
18. If you take care of the chicken (the business), it’ll take care of you by producing more eggs (paychecks) @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
19. Another sign is FEELING YOU DESERVE BETTER. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
20. Have you forgotten how your job took a chance on you when no one else did? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
21. Your job took you in. Cleaned u up, fed you and gave you skills u should have paid for, and paid you to learn! @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
22. Whether you met your goals or not, it did its best to pay you. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
23. But now, you’ve got a sense of entitlement and feel you deserve more. HAVE YOU GIVEN MORE? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
24. Now you spend every waking hour moaning and griping about how ‘management isn’t being fair to you’. SMH @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
25. Now you’re using COMPANY INTERNET and PAPER to look for a new job and print your CV? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
26. You’re using your company and planning on dumping them. You should COMMUNICATE first @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
27. Now I ain’t saying your relationship with your company is perfect. No relationship is. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
28. That’s why you need to communicate @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
29. A lotta employees talk about ADDING VALUE. Do you really? Let’s see. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
30. Adding value isn’t just talk @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
31. Your VALUE is determined by the VACCUUM created when you’re no longer there. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG.
32. No VACCUUM means NO VALUE! @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
33. So next time you talk about value, think about your VACCUUM @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
34. My final thought is when you feel I CAN DO THIS JOB BY MYSELF @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
35. I’ve seen many employees deceived by looking at company revenue believing they were solely responsible for bringing in biz @KemiOdutayo
36. Maybe they were in biz dev or client facing, they were deluded into believing they could set out on their own @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
37. They don’t realize they were leveraging off the COMPANY BRAND, TRACK RECORD, EXPERTISE or LONGEVITY @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
38. And they leave to start their own practice and find out it ain’t a walk in the park @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
39. They discover that it’s SO MUCH HARDER running a business and making a profit. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
40. If you haven’t been FAITHFUL with a 9 to 5, how the heck will you manage a 24 7? @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
41. So that’s my 2 cents. Please check it out and decide to go back to your ‘1ST LOVE’. Lol. @KemiOdutayo #ListenUpNG
41. Thanks @KemiOdutayo. I had a great time! #ListenUpNG
Wow! Tonight’s session by Steve Harris was intense! It calls for a thourough soul searching by every employee.
If we as employees, are able to answer all these questions sincerely, we will be able to assess exactly where we are and what step to take next?
Hmmm. Let’s be sure we aren’t setting some laws in motion that will come to haunt us later on in years or in our own choice of buz
Join us for another session on #ListenUpNG Wk15 with @GbengaTotoyi next week. What are the pressures you are facing in your workplace?
I absolutely believe that at the end of the April Edition of #ListenUpNG, we will be better positioned to make the right decision in regards to our career path.
Do make it a date! See ya!