Hello everyone! Thank God It’s Friday!?? This phrase is kind of personal to me because I (and others out there?) get to #ListenUpNG
On #ListenUpNG You get to engage with a host of men and women of experience, character and competence in their area of influence.
If you are just coming on board, #ListenUpNG is a weekly mentoring event on twitter where we talk/tweet about anything and everything on #Relationships #RealLifeIssues
#ListenUpNG In the month of June, we have been examining our relationship with MONEY…(oh yes, you got that right) from all angles!
#ListenUpNG We’ve been learning how to gain MASTERY and not be in MISERY over our financial management!
#ListenUpNG We’ve been talking/tweeting about FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SKILLS and how to have an healthy ‘relationship’ in that crucial area.
Ironically, gross mismanagement of our finances can put quite a strain on our realtime relationships with friends and loved ones. #ListenUpNG
Academic or Professional Intelligence cannot atone for Financial Intelligence.
If you don’t understand the 3 Ms of money
1. Making Money
2. Managing Money
3. Multiplying Money
Then you’re financially illiterate. The essence of the July Edition of #ListenUpNG is to know how money works and how to leverage on it.
#InCaseYouMissed any of the sessions on #ListenUpNG June Edution, Visit www.kemiodutayo.com/blog or click
for the full compilation of last week session by Tade Esan and other past inspiring sessions on #ListenUpNG. You will be glad you did!
Join me as we round up this JUNE EDITION on #ListenUpNG with our very special guest and a dear brother, the financial guru himself, @yinkanubi
#ListenUpNG @yinkanubi is amongst other things?, is the author of the popular books on finance, HONEY, IS IT IN THE BUDGET? and 50 PERSONAL FINANCIAL NUGGETS (ebook).
#ListenUpNG You can get to know more about @Yinka nub by visiting his official website www.yinkaogunnubi.com
Once again, thanks for honouring my invite. Over to you @Yinkanubi We are ready to #ListenUpNG
1. Today, I will be taking some nuggets from my ebook. 50 Personal Finance Nuggets and Tips. If u are to download it, please do. #ListenUpNG
2. I will be taking one nugget from each section of the ebook. You can download the book here https://t.co/kCcG5iCFj1 #ListenUPNG
3. IF YOU CAN’T EXPLAIN IT TO A 6 YEAR OLD, THEN YOU SHOULDN’T BE INVESTING IN IT. #ListenUPNG https://t.co/H1lcqvZjD9
4. The general tendency of some is to believe that the more complicated an investment is, then the more attractive it will be. #ListenUPNG
5. Wrong! The main point here is that it is important to have a clear understanding of an investment product before u invest it. #ListenUPNG
6. Ensure you read up on the investment and on every material given to you before making a decision of to invest. #ListenUPNG
7. Many do not know that the important elements of an offering is not necessarily the returns, but the Terms and Conditions. #ListenUpNG
8. YOU HAVE AN OBLIGATION NOT TO HAVE AN OPINION ABOUT THINGS YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND. #ListenUpNG https://t.co/CbFtmqjD8M
9. The point is, don’t be afraid to admit you do not know. It is better to ask a stupid question that to make a stupid mistake. #ListenUpNG
10. It is foolish to go along with an investment just because you do not want to look stupid. If you don’t know, just ASK. #ListenUpNG
11. CARPENTERS DON’T FLY PLANES. #ListenUpNG https://t.co/RQBHJQ6lrx
12. It’s funny that when we feel sick, we go to the doctors, and when we need legal help we go to a lawyer for legal counsel. #ListenUpNG
13. But when we need financial advice, we approach friends who have no idea as against experts in financial advisory services. #ListenUpNG
14. These Experts can help analyses ur investment & offer expert advice on the best options available to u on a host of options. #ListenUpNG
15. Like doctors, Financial Advisory service providers are not free and u should seriously consider paying them for their time. #ListenUpNG
16. YES, NUDES MATTER. #ListenUpNG https://t.co/bwMlMhUTNc
17. I had a very interesting experience recently. I went in for my annual health check and was assigned a young female doctor. #ListenUpNG
18. Everything was going well until it came to the Prostrate Test. She told me to remove my clothes. I did. Up to my boxers. ? #ListenUpNG
19. She looked at me with a smile and said ‘Oh and that too’. To be sure, I asked ‘The Boxers?’ She replied ‘Yes’. I went ? ? #ListenUpNG
20. The long & short, I was butt naked before this pretty Doc who went ahead to perform the prostrate test from “you know where” #ListenUpNG
21. The point I’m trying to make is this. I didn’t hesitate to practice FULL DISCLOSURE because it was in my interest to do so. #ListenUpNG
22. If you are going to succeed in your personal finances as a married person, you’ve got to learn to practice full disclosure. #ListenUpNG
23. Isn’t it amazing that we’ve no problem in full disclosure with our docs but with those who are sworn by oath to, we zip it? #ListenUpNG
24. HOW DO I INCREASE MY INCOME? #ListenUpNG https://t.co/jcAhYX45G3
25. You increase your income by creating value and exchanging it for cash. Money will always be a means of exchange of value. #ListenUpNG
26. Real money is not cash but value. If you can create value, you have the opportunity to exchange it for cash & create wealth. #ListenUpNG
27. Everyone can create value. It doesn’t hve to be visible. It cld be invisible or intrinsic. Point is Does it solve a problem? #ListenUpNG
28. If it solves a problem for someone, package it in a form that can be exchanged for cash and see your income increase. #ListenUpNG
29. I often say that as an author, my book “Honey, is it in the Budget?” is value which I exchange for cash every time I sell it #ListenUpNG
30. IF YOU DON’T HAVE A JOB, DON’T GET MARRIED. #ListenUpNG https://t.co/AV7hnZtqGC
31. After 15 years of marriage, I can confidently tell you this. Love can lead you to marriage but it cannot pay the bills. #ListenUpNG
32. I recall when I was dating my wife. I had a job and an apartment. I was pretty much ready to marry but my wife was not. #ListenUpNG
33. My father inlaw insisted she must finish Law Sch/NYSC be4 marriage. He didn’t stop there. He insisted she get a job as well. #ListenUpNG
34. Looking back, I realised I was blessed 2ve such a father in-law. When my finances were challenged, Wifey was there to help. #ListenUpNG
35. Even if you don’t have a job, make sure you are doing something productive as a man or woman to earn money before marriage. #ListenUpNG
36. Marriage is not an opportunity to spread poverty. #ListenUpNG
37. Understand that Children are involved. Saying you wished you had a job will not provide food on the table and accommodation. #ListenUpNG
38. Like Gwen Guthrie said in her 1986 hit song “You’ve got to have a JOB if you want to be with me”. This applies to both sexes #ListenUpNG
39. Thank you very much @KemiOdutayo for hosting me yet again. I wish every one a wonderful year of financial wellness. #ListenUpNG
40. The End. #ListenUpNG